“Rendez-Vous Perth” - March 23 confirmed


The much anticipated light and sound spectacular by electronic music pioneer Jean Michel Jarre will occur on March 23 next year, says the concert’s promoter.
On a whirlwind tour of the Western Australian capital in late July the mercurial musician confirmed he still planned to headline the 80,000-patron show.

At the time, Maryanne Bell of Perth-based ITM Productions – who aims to bring Jarre’s Rendez-vous show to Perth – told oneperth.com.au the event would occur in the first half of 2013.
An ITM information booklet spotted on ITM’s website by a oneperth.com.au Twitter follower says the megagig will occur on March 23.

Today, Ms Bell told oneperth.com.au the extravaganza would definitely happen on that date.
She remained tight-lipped on ticketing, saying no announcement would be made until all details had been squared off.

The gargantuan gig was initially planned to occur in November 2012 – but the military-scale logistics involved in pulling the show together were considered too big for a rush-job.
Jarre fan sites around the world have been aTwitter since oneperth.com.au revealed details of the concert – planned for Langley Park.

“It’s going to be the most exclusive event of the year on the Western Australian calendar, with worldwide broadcasting,” Ms Bell said of the show slated to draw an 80,000-strong crowd.

“The VIP area will be black tie with people ushered in by limousines to a red carpet.

“This concert is just going to blow people away.”

If Jarre can pull off the ‘Rendez-Vous Perth’ gig it will be free to the public – except for 8000 privileged patrons holding gold, VIP and corporate tickets.


The man, and his massive concert plan
Ms Bell said Jarre would bring a “big star” to Perth as his support act – but declined to reveal who that would be.

She said fans would cram Langley Park, the southern foreshore of the Swan, and Kings Park to experience the Jarre juggernaut.

“This will be like a mini tsunami,” she said.

“It’s like keeping a racehorse behind its gate.”

Jarre’s spectacular will be the only one in Australia.

But how did Perth – the world’s most isolated metropolis – score such a top flight event?

Well, that dates back to two covert visits Jarre made to the city in May and August last year.

Ms Bell – who spends lots of time in Europe and has known Jarre for two years – had been urging him to visit her home city of Perth.

During his 10-day stay, Jarre met Premier Colin Barnett, Planning Minister John Day and Tourism Minister Kim Hames to discuss the concert idea.

PERTH adores

“Jean-Michel adores Perth,” Ms Bell said.

“He sees it as a bit of a last frontier, no pollution, a beautiful city.”

Ms Bell says her company’s website has been inundated with thousands of requests for tickets from places as far flung as India, China, Germany, London and South America.

On March 13, oneperth.com.au revealed that Perth City Council had given the concert the green light.
The legendary French musician, 63, holds the music world’s crowd-pulling record of 3.5 million fans to a single show.

In Perth, Jarre plans to lock Langley Park down for a month to allow massive stages and stands to be erected and dismantled.

To help concert-goers see Jarre, six giant screens are set to stand along the length of Langley Park.

Jarre holds several world records for large outdoor concert audiences – the ultimate being when he played for an audience of 3.5 million people to celebrate the 850th birthday of Moscow.

Photo: Miemo Penttinen

Source: oneperth

No comments:

Post a Comment